View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MagicMan08
Helping Others, Helps Me

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The best cure for embarrassment I've found is living the life we know we should lead Iam2antsy

The more good things I do in the present, the less I worry about the past - and the less people remember me the way I used to be

What are you doing for your recovery right now, today?

D
I agree with this. I have said and done some not so great things when I was using however those cannot and never will be erased. I cannot spend too much time thinking about stuff like that because it tends to regularly creep up and ruin my serenity.

I constantly have to remember those things I did are a thing of my past and I cannot make them disappear but I can continue to improve my life today.

Many times when those repressed memories pop up I remember that what I said or did in the past happened. I just need to move on and live for today. I constantly need to pinch myself with thoughts like this.

Hell I got this bright idea one day to drunk dial and apologize and or discuss with my cousins/aunts/uncles for some crazy and awkward memories from growing up. Am I proud of doing that? Heck no, but it happened.

What am I doing today?