Thread: Tapering?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
soberjuly

Ok I had to look up what 1/5 is and it said 750ml, so I get that now. It's quite a tolerance you've built up. Over the past 1-2 years I've pretty much been a wino. Not strictly but mostly. 2010-2011 I was drinking the hard stuff (and wine) and I honesty don't know how much I drank. I know I had to buy extra bottles, beyond what my husband saw, and I had bottles hidden (so hubby didn't know the full extent).

I was trying to stick to one bottle of wine a day for the past year, which was hard, and what a horrible diet! Imagine consuming 365 bottles of wine in a year! Never mind the fact that, as it was often not enough, I probably consumed more like 400 bottles of wine in the past year. So I'm not judging on amount here, I am just concerned that a home detox may be risky.

Like I said, I did taper off the past year and still had a nasty detox last week.

Anyhow, not here nor there...the point is you are here so you must want to quit and that's the important thing.

The thing is, 2 glasses of wine in the evening will never be enough for me. It will just leave me hanging so I can't moderate because I don't want to. It's all or nothing. All doesn't work for me so I'm trying/accepting that I need to have nothing.

I wish you luck, keep trying! You can do this, don't waste another day.

It's a vicious circle. You have anxiety, so you drink, which creates insomnia, which creates anxiety so you drink again.

I was really bad because I drank to reward myself and I also drank to relieve anxiety. So I was drinking all the time basically! Or almost.