Thread: Tapering?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
soberjuly

Tapering never worked for me. However, you said you drank a bottle of vodka earlier today? That is where my concern is because as much as I drank I couldn't drink that much. Over 2 days maybe and a small bottle. I mean I'm not sure how big a bottle we are talking about here.

And I had bad withdrawal for about 3 days. It surprised me. Also night sweats for about 3 days.

So, yes, I would agree with those who urge you to see your doctor. You don't want to wind up like Amy Winehouse.

I had elevated and fluctuating HR and BP for the first week. Now I am fine but it was scary.

If you really aren't going to see a doctor, then I would say cut out the hard liquor right now. I don't advocate tapering but if you can polish off a bottle of vodka in an afternoon...

But just drinking wine or beer is like leaving a door open.

It's harder to make the commitment.

Sober for 10 days...I've been able to distance myself from alcohol and see it from the outside. It never really satisfied me, just put weight on me and made me look older.

It also caused me to waste/lose many days. All those days when I could have been doing something productive. They are just gone.

If 86 is your year of birth, you have a long way to go, don't waste another day is how I feel!