Thread: Tapering?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Originally Posted by megan86 View Post
Hi everyone - while I've googled a bunch and think I have a good idea of what a safe taper is like, can anyone supplement with personal stories? I finished a bottle of vodka earlier this afternoon and the shaky hands are already setting in. I know I should taper with beer - and I don't even particularly like beer so it should be easier - but any tips or success stories would be very helpful.

note also i have a benzo prescription which i think ought to help and also make things a bit safer.

thank you all so much already i can't say how much better it's making me feel to be able to keep clicking refresh here and not feeling so alone.
I won't tell you what to do, I'll just tell you what worked for me.
I tried tapering a billion times. I could usually taper for 2 nights maybe 3 nights max and then I'd get wasted.... What finally got me out of the withdrawal cycle was the benzos. For me 1 pill was like 6 beers that lasted all day long. Without the drunken effects, nor the desire to take any more. I had a 5 day script for benzos and after I completed that script I never had to drink again because I was afraid of withdrawals.... 5 little pills got me out of that nasty cycle and got me out for good. I haven't daily drank or drank to calm withdrawals in 9 months as of a few days ago! But then the harder part of addiction comes...the psychological addiction of wanting to drink.... pm me if you want more info