Thread: Anybody relate?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Santa

You are SO not alone. My ex used to get drunk and then he wanted attention...either following me from room to room to needle me and pick a fight, or to try to get "intimate." (I finally after years gave up trying to get him to understand what intimacy actually is, and how drunk sex is the exact opposite of intimate.)

And yes he accused me of cheating on him constantly, which was a sick joke as between the stress of caring for young children and dealing with a drunk husband and the pressure of my job, I had migraines several times a week. Which meant nothing to him, as when he was "in the mood" I dare not say no or I'd be accused of cheating, doors would slam, kids woken up while he stomped around. Last but not least, I might have been able to stand it if it didn't take too long, but of course, he wanted to have sex all night, and being drunk, that often worked for him.

I actually feel sick just thinking about it. Three and a half years free!!

P.S. my kids have some mental health issues and reducing the stress in our home (aka not living with an alcoholic) certainly did not make matters any worse.