Thread: Anybody relate?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
solo1

Originally Posted by mauihope View Post
Solo, as I read your post, I see my relationship with my h. He goes through hot and cold cycles. When he's hot, it's very inappropriate and then would make me feel guilty when I didn't reciprocate. It's a total turn off. And I would end up doing things that I wasn't feeling comfortable with. It's just recently that I have put boundaries in place. He doesn't like it. But I don't like the who he becomes when he drinks. I hate the smell, the attitude, and everything that the drinking brings. Then he will go to the cold mode. I'm sticking to my boundaries and taking steps to get in a better place for myself and my kids.

You are doing the best in the situation you are in. I'm praying for you and your daughter...peace
This is exactly what happens with me!! Then I feel so terrible about myself when I do things I really dont want to do...

Do you mind if I ask what sort of boundries you have set? I really want to say something like no sex if you have been drinking but that would basically eliminate it most nights...not sure if that is realistic? I just hate who he becomes when he drinks so much...that is not the man I fell in love with. He is usually weepy and depressed the next morning but that doesnt stop him from brining home more beer....