View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

I just came across this definition of sprituality....

"Modern spirituality is centered on the "deepest values and meanings by which people live." It embraces the idea of an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality. It envisions an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being.

Spirituality perhaps is simply tending to the spirit within then Dragon. If you believe in an energy within...is that not your spirit?

I had really only two serious sobriety attempts previous prior to last year. It was only last year that I really realized what recovery was truly about. For me, that meant making my own "interiors" a much more hospitable place.

Last year I really started doing some biblical explorations for the first time. And I was also in counselling which was of enormous benefit. I remember one time jogging by the ocean listening to my Ipod and I heard this song by that Idol winner..it's called "Home".

Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave (wave) is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
You've get lost, you've can always be found

And it STRUCK me. I almost stopped running it was such a powerful thought.

I had to make myself (as in my own interiors) my home. My own interiors hadn't been very kind up until that point. Spirit...whatever that may be for you...is within those interiors...your wisdom...your God-voice some call it.

The spiritual path is a conscious one...and it is one of effort. We need to tend to our spirit nutritionally. We need balance. We need sunshine (real and metaphoric). We need laughter. We need music. We need stimulation. We need connection with others. We need to feel like we belong..that we have some to offer. We need to have purpose. We need exercise. We need time for ourselves. We need others. We need touch. We need to know what we need. And when we do...we need to tend to those needs.

It is a grand undertaking...but a noble one.