Old 07-18-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ready2beSober

I dont want to drink anymore.. my husband does.

The back story- Me and my husband got married really young and had 3 kids by age 25. We have always enabled eachothers drinking and the whole marraige has been rocky to say the least. Drunken fights in front of our kids, duis, nights in jail and the list goes on. The last 2 years we have discussed separating more times than I can count and all because of drinking. I am NOT blaming my problem on him but I know if we werent together I would have quit a long time ago.

In the last couple months we've quit about 3 times. This time we made it 4 days, I have tried to talk to him everyday about not drinking and staying strong, how much money we'll save, how much better we can be for our kids etc but I can see the look on his face when it comes up.. no enthusiasm, its almost like my enthusiasm about it annoys him. Today he got off work and wanted to go to the store "we'll just drink a couple beers and clean the house do some yardwork etc" I said no. I cant drink anymore. I finally feel good about this. He went to the store anyway. I dont know what to do. I dont even really want advice, just venting. Im scared I'm gona have to leave him once and for all.. I have enough alcoholics in my family to know that I cant force him not to drink.. and if I stay I'm never going to quit.