View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
gleefan

Sober1ck - It was hard to get honest with myself, to see how hot of a mess I had become, in order to finally stop drinking. I think it's a huge step forward to see that drinking isn't working for you. We're here for you as you make you way on this journey.

No49 - I find that getting my feelings sorted in print helps me get out of the sense of discomfort and into logical, problem solving mode. After I started taking inventory of my life, I began to feel awful about some of the choices I've made, the people I've hurt, the time I've wasted. We can't change the past, North. You're in AA; amends, if warranted and safe, will come when the time is right. In the mean time, I'm learning to feel grateful for the lessons I can learn from my past. I've always thought I was fairly open minded, but forgiving myself has made me a lot less judgmental, and is opening my mind to infinitely more peace, acceptance, and joy. Good things can come from pain.

BoozeFree - I fell on my back a few summers ago while working out in my basement. I wish I knew then what I know now -- that it is ok to start from square one, that strength and stamina will return, and that patience is key. Last Fall I hurt my heel and instead of rest it, I worried that I would lose my stamina again. I continued to pound on it, ultimately rendering me more immobile than if I had just rested it for a week. I (hope I) learned my lesson!

Sparky - My kids are 10 and almost 8. Already I am seeing the excellent, perfect preschoolers whose parents have parented them into frenzied elementary schoolers! My older son has high functioning autism/adhd, and was often left out of play dates at the preschool age due to his challenges socializing - he preferred to play on his own. Now, many of those parents' kids are getting help from the school social worker right next to him.