Thread: Journey of Hope
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 02:20 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Ama

Originally Posted by hopealwayz
My best friend is being so hurtful to me and it is breaking my heart. He is so moody these days and I always let him get to me. It seems like he is taking his moods out on me and I don't deserve to be treated like that. I want our friendship to stay close but I don't want to be around him acting like a jerk to me. I can only pray for him and hope things get better in his life. Maybe I just need to move on. I need strength.
((((Hope))))

Think you must re-evaluate what a friend is let alone a best friend. For me they are those who do not judge me nor I them. They lift me when I cannot lift myself and they are those whose company causes me to grow and I hope that I do this for them too.

Friendship is loving and giving......He doesnt sound like he is doing much of this at the moment and that is NOT GOOD for your recovery. Stressors in our lives must be reduced so I would advise minimal contact if any with him at the moment.......

Your Sobriety and Recovery could be undermined and you cannot risk that....Keep posting as you give me great hope