Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by miamifella View Post
If you read the thread you will see that many of us have heard it. I myself was told many times (and heard it said to others many times). The exact wording was usually, "Go back out and come back when you hit a real bottom."

When I was in the program it was a standard answer for anyone having problems with the second or third step--or for someone with multiple relapses.

What it really is, is a form of self-aggrandizement. The message is, "I was a bigger drunk than you, I had a rougher awakening than you, I am tougher and more stubborn than you."

I think it comes from a resentment against people who decided to seek help before losing it all.

I tried to do the same kind of interpretive dance we see in this thread, to somehow convince myself that it was okay to say this or that it was misheard or that they were just trying to wake the newbie up or that they are longer in recovery so they know better.

But eventually I just had to get honest, say that this was wrong, and get out.
forgive me but i dont attend usa aa meetings i am from the uk and i have never heard anyone tell anyone aa is not for them if i did believe me they wouldnt ever say it again in my company as i would call them out for it, as its not what aa is about

i dont make a decision on who should be in aa or not aa is open for all, no matter what stage in life there at

there are some meetings around my area that are more 12 step god big book types were the fellowship within them make me feel uncomfortable that i woudnt go back as there sort of demanding you do it there way or else you will drink again
they get high on telling people this as they believe there speaking the truth from god
its ugly to me that sort of thing but we do have them in aa in the uk and i certainly can not defend them for some of the things they have done

no one is perfect in aa its a free organization run by people who suffer from the same illness
its a self help group so there are no experts in aa all we have is our own experiences to share with others and help them based on how well we are in our time around

if your looking for perfection then please by all means dig deep in your wallets and go to the experts who have trained for this
and indeed if you drink again after going to the experts i am sure you can sue them to get your money back right ?

or to a treatment centre i am sure they come along with money back guarantees also if you drink again ?

sadly there is no known cure for this anywhere but there are sure a hell of a lot of people who are convinced they have found a cure so there right

they then set about trying to rubbish all the other organizations out there as there right and all the others are wrong

if they can find a single fault with aa they will shout from the rooftops and ignore anything else

its kinda hard for aa as its a free place costs nothing its world wide has saved millions of lives yet is always under fire simply because that is human nature.

every single memeber in aa owns aa and is aa its there fellowship to do with as they see fit
so if they want to run a meeting and all sit around drinking booze all night long they can
there are simply no rules at all in aa

now how on earth does anything work in life without rules ?
this forum has rules, everywhere we go they have rules or else face the punishment
aa has none and for some strange reason even the most hardend aa memeber will respect it we have no rules so they shut up when they remember it

but sometimes some get to big for there boots and take ownership of aa and try to run it there way the only way aa members can react to this is go to other meetings as we soon know a good meeting from one that is run by others who have an agenda

so the bottom line is aa is all there is out there that is free 24/7 help and it will help anyone rich or poor
if only the rest of the world could follow aa simple principles in life well i believe we as human beings would all come out better people for it

like this thread has kicked off emptions in people we should all look at it and say hell i am trying to be right again and laugh it off and just be there to help others
not stick to our guns and demand we are right and expect others to respect it as no one will certainly not me
AS I AM RIGHT : )
thanks a joke by the way