View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Nightswimming

Hey PBC,

I had a really good weekend thanks. Met my Aunt for coffee and cake on Friday afternoon and then walked up to meet the OH for a drink (beer for him, fresh orange and lemonade for me). It was an almost Mediterranean mid 70s in Glasgow on Friday so enjoyed walking around in the sunshine. Spent the evening at home watching the track and field which was taking place at the newly revamped stadium for the Commonwealth Games. I really should have been there seeing as it was only 5 miles down the road!

I had a lie in on Saturday then went to watch some roller derby with friends. There's a big scene taking off in Glasgow right now and some of the girls were over ruffling some feathers in Fort Wayne, IN a couple of months ago. It's always fun to watch and my friend is getting ready to join a team so can't wait until we're cheering her on. I then left them to go to the pub and I went and met another friend for coffee. She is a friend I met through work and had found out i was unwell so wanted to catch up. Had a good catch up with her and she is keen to meet up more often so think I've got a new friend which is always nice!!

Sunday was long run day. I was still feeling like I had energy in my legs at 16k so I crazily went on and ran a half marathon. Still feeling the pain today but was rewarded with a PB by over 7 mins so was really chuffed with that. Me and the OH have signed up for the Edinburgh marathon next May so will just need to keep getting my Forrest Gump on.

So I was sitting here thinking about how I'm not doing anything and feeling rubbish and actually realised that was a big weekend and it was all done without any booze and was the better for it. Who would have thought?! Still struggling to just 'be' on weekdays when I feel like I should be at work but will keep trying.