Thread: Your Loss
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Kinda literally, lol. I really don't know WHAT they are called - she goes to the Reiki/Healing Center where I attend classes & healing sessions. They rotate through all kinds of lessons - meditations, basic energy/reiki work, chakras & breathing exercises, tarot, tuning into your Guides to better "hear" them, EFT, mental telepathy exercises - like she puts an item from her gift shop in a box & asks them to just go with their first gut instincts - what do you see in your mind's eye? What color, size, shapes? Whoever is closest wins the item, lol. I think the last time DD guessed "right" she said things like "purple - wings - movement" or something silly sounding like that & it was a lavender colored butterfly pin inside. She teaches them how their auras extend beyond their physical bodies & interact with others without words & how that feeds into the "feelings" & "knowings" we sometimes have that we can't explain. Sometimes they sit around & have a good old-fashioned drum circle.

She teaches the classes off the cuff so there's no formal schedule or lesson plans, per se. She teaches them what she/they feel led to do. Sometimes their discussions lead her teachings, like when they all expressed stress & concern over the upcoming state testing at school a few months back. She works with them a lot on different kinds of meditations & visualizations. Now DD creates her own versions of these after paying attention to the things that resonated with her. ("Pink always makes me feel better mom, so when I'm sad & I am meditating, I fill my mind with pink, everything is a shade of pink....the trees, the sun, the grass, my clothes.. and I can't help but feel better right away.") She is trying to tune them into the knowing that they were each born with specific & special gifts that they just have to tune in to their bodies & minds to understand, appreciate & master.

And yes, we live our lives that way too. I lead by example in this capacity, we collect crystals & rocks & learn about their healing energies. We set our alarms for 3am so we can drag our sleepy butts out of bed to witness eclipses. We burn sage & apply feng shui when placing items in our house or rooms. We talk openly about gratitude & prayer & including our loved ones in those thoughts. I teach her yoga when she is patient enough to slow down & listen. (she loved it when she was 3-4, then fell out of practice but I know she'll be back)

When she was about 3, builders started clearing the lot next to our house to build a new home. She would become inconsolable when they were tearing up the ground, ripping down huge, beautiful trees. "Don't you hear it Mama?",she'd ask, "don't you HEAR those trees CRYING?" I think she was born a nature-baby, full of light & I'm just nurturing her natural path.