View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
melki

I like "my home - my rules" and BYOB too! Time for some new rules. Since I'm providing everything else, BYOB seems perfectly reasonable. Especially since people often ask what they can bring. It never occurred to me to send wine with people back, haha. But that's perfectly reasonable too! I am also excited to provide some other non-alcoholic fun drinks. Whoever shared this link (Fizzy, non-alcoholic drink recipes: 20+ appetizing drink recipes.) has many thanks from me!

Thought aside. You know how as a person with a problem you notice everyone else's drinking habits? I am pretty convinced one of my friends has a problem too and I'm thinking how and when I want to talk with her about my experience, maybe this will help her...

Thank you so much for your responses. It is SO helpful getting it out there.

I am still very new to sobriety (day 19) but my resolve is firm. At this point I am not worried about getting complacent, I'm still in the stage where recovery occupies a lot of my mental resources. I also read many cautionary tales of people relapsing after prolonged sobriety and pray we all continue to stay mindful.

If anything, I am more worried about my husband who is not convinced in full sobriety yet (he also has a drinking problem, although it manifests differently than mine did). I worry he will feel like he won't be having fun if he won't be drinking. If he does drink... I need to talk to him about this dinner and have a plan for either case...