View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

I used to hold big gatherings and make awesome vats of sangria, host an open bar, mix up great big bowls of mixed, potent beverages.

These days, those days are gone.

I will have a couple beers on hand if I'm having company who I know enjoys a beer with dinner or whatever, but I'm no longer interested in catering to people's drinking problems.

My lady drinks from time to time, but never more than a beer or two. She has never really sought to drink and more often than not prefers not to. So, sometimes I'll have a beer on hand in case she'd like one.

My sponsor once told me "I can pour it, serve it, have it in the house, sit next to it... hell I can wash my hair with the stuff it I want to, I'm just not going to drink it". His wife of 35+ years drinks occasionally and moderately. He's been sober over 26 years.

All of that said - I completely stayed away from having it around or serving it at my place for several months, and I rarely do now. More and more, I look around me and wonder "why the hell does ANYONE do this"? More and more, I'd rather be an influence in the world that helps share the idea and the experience of Joy without Toxins....