View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 06:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cap3

Ditto to all the posts above.
Remember not everyone is well,and that they too could be spiritually sick.Pray for them.helps me too.
When making amends i have no expectations,of how others will respond.Its keeping my side of the street clean,and being free.To change.I cant change what happened.What i said what i did.But i can change now with the tools of recovery program.Its unfortunate that some didnt accept my amends.Some tried to use my past as a weapon over my head ,,to try and, maniplate me to do things that they wanted me to do.not that long ago.I made my amends to them years ago,.,.My,pass is over.A bucket of ashes,that i learn from..My pass is today a great access in helping others,today..I dont try to defend myself,or try to come up with something for them to see themselves with,its not about them .when others rip roar at me.I just make amends,listen to them, and let it go.Praying that, God will heal us both. Time.Healing takes time.My thoughts/feelings belong to me.Their thoughts/feelings belong to them.Step one,i am powerless,on how they will respond to my amends.Just keep on changing ,growing,learning a new way of life. Folks see the changes, in me today.And some still see me as i was,long ago..Its unfortunate that they still hold grudges,hurt from my past.But this is where they have still chosen to be,i guess.Some are sicker than others.And i cant pray enough for them,as they are still in yester-years.Being hurt by something that i cannot change,or take back.it all happened.I made my,heart felt, amendsAnd its over,.Its not about them,but my recovery.Next meeting you go to Cathy,look for a flyer called yesterday,today,and tomorrow.I carry this with me as a reminder.
Keep on keeping on,One day at a time.
Thanks for letting me share,
God Bless,,take care!!!!!