Old 07-12-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

I was just thinking that at work we've recently signed up to do some fund raising for a local charity, when I was drinking I didn't care much about the outside work activities my company got involved in, just let me get home and drink, right?

Well the other week I put my name forward (I was shocked as much as my other colleagues) to be in charge of our online publicity campaign, in other words regular social media publicity and our online fund raising page, this time around having an activity to get involved in has been great, when I first got Sober I was crying out for activities to get involved in and now activities are just showing up at my door!!

Though most importantly I'm not focused on myself, I'm focused on how to better the fund raising, always thinking of new ideas, how to squeeze every penny I can for the charity, which btw is a charity for cancer patients who need hospice care!!

Whilst I'm focused on the charity and who they help, I'm not focused on myself, and I'm certainly not focused on drinking!!