View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

I woke up in a great mental state only to talk to my drunken mother on the way to work. She was so wasted, she couldn't string a sentence together. I called my father and he said that everything was under control, that my mom was not an alcoholic because she was just upset because they were arguing and she hates her condo. I said that she is an alcoholic and he was free to live in his denial but I am not in denial. And that was that . . .

So, I was upset for about a half an hour and then I decided to just enjoy a restful day and a restful weekend. My one son has a basketball game and that is the only thing on the docket. Next week we are going to my son's freshman orientation at college. I can't wait to feel more "in the know" with the college thing. We ordered his bedding and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. None of us have opened the box. (not sure if this is subconscious or just lazy. he he he)

Did any of your spouses call you out on your drinking? Mine would get upset when I would drink too much at parties and what not, but I don't think, to this day, he would call me an alcoholic or admit that I have the real problem with it, that I do. I guess it is every bit as upsetting to admit to being married to an active alcoholic as it is to be one?!?