View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
BobArctor

I didn't read all of the two threads.

"As it is in heaven" is a Swedish movie that I found inspiring. It is about a bullied kid who becomes a conductor in an orchestra in adulthood, collapses from stress and moves back to where he was bullied. From there he teaches a church choir and it brings up many issues everyone is having in their life. There is a beautiful song that an abused wife sings about empowerment. The ending has a unique event involving choirs at a choir contest...

"Happy-go-lucky" stars lovely Sally Hawkins who plays a kindergarten teacher who is unphased by negativity that she is treated to. She interacts with people with various issues with anger and mental illness in the course of the movie. I could relate to her and the people she deals with and look at myself. At the very beginning there is a scene with people getting drunk that could possibly be a trigger for someone.

"Mary and Max" is about an Australian child who befriends a man with Asbergers syndrome in New York as pen pals. It shows them coping with all sorts of issues that I can relate to and is charming. An example: Mary describes her neighbor who is afraid to leave his home because he has homophobia.

"The story of luke" is about a mildly autistic man who gets a job to stay in his dead parent's house. I'm not sure how to describe why this is uplifting to me.

If you want to increase your depression, you could watch "Wake in fright" about an Australian school teacher who gradually destroys his life with the help of alcohol.

If you want to cry and hear great music, you could watch "Frozen".

There are so many movies that I watched while drunk that I want to see again, since I missed parts of the movies...