Thread: Feel
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
desypete

a new comer came to a meeting last night half drunk and in a desperate state of unhappiness, i could see that blank look in his eyes, and how sad his life is
i wish i had a magic wand and could take it all away for anyone but sadly its not going to happen that way
we have to have the pain to make any sort of gain but he so reminded me of me

take it one day at a time is how i did it and i got to aa meetings day and night as it was the only place i felt safe in
i was lucky to have such great memebers of aa around me whos only interest was to help me, they didnt push anything down my throat or tell me how to do it they just said keep coming back and dont pick up the first drink

so thats what i had to start to practice doing
when i would be alone in my flat was the hard times were i would have my head telling me how bad i was and how i was full of self pity for how my life ended up

so i had to find things to do daily to fill up my empty time as i learned these times was when i was under attack
clean my flat, clean my shoes, go for a walk, go to bed and try to sleep the time away anything at all
i had no money and no job so i had all the time in the world to think in my head and the only freedom i found was getting to the next aa meeting

it really did save my life i can see that today 10 years on and i have so much in my life today than i ever thought i would have back then,
all because of the wisdom these aa people have its just amazing
and today i can help others who were just like me when i first came in

of coures there is more to thing than just what i had to do but thats what i had to do right at the start its all i could do and it worked
later on i got a sponor and did the steps which helped me but i had to be ready for them and that took me 2 years before i even started them

but what i didnt know was the very first day i walked into aa i had taken step one and also found myself a high power that could save me from drinking
but again i didnt know it back then and i came to see it much later on

good luck to you