View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
trachemys
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by krissypie1803 View Post
30 days if a very achievable goal. I didn't set one but I know I can do anything for 30....hopefully.

I have clinical depression and anxiety disorder. I've been on medication most of my life but have come off them and am managing my symptoms with excersise and diet. I over excersise during the day then reward myself with drinking at night. It consumes my entire day those two things. I'm a stay at home mom and it pissed me off ll the time I'm missing with my kids, I hate feeling sick all the time
Back to the doctor, krissy. I quit March 2013 for a few weeks then relapsed. I spent the next 14 months trying to quit again. Every time I tried, anxiety and depression sent me back to the bottle. I don't know if I have long term disorders because I've self-medicated with alcohol since I was 16. I do know that anxiety and depression increase the longer I'm sober.

So, I went to my doctor. He gave me bupropion to block the receptors that alcohol uses. I tapered down while building up the meds for a week and now am 1 full week abstinent. I've had no withdrawals, have no cravings, and am experiencing neither anxiety nor depression. We're going to do 90 days of this and then reevaluate.

So, back to the doctor. Tell him what you're trying to do. Better living through chemistry.