Old 07-09-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GracieLou

I did start to enjoy life once I got sober but it was not the same life. I did not stop drinking and life got a all wonderful with rainbows and butterflies.

I see things very differently now. The little things don't bother me as they used to. I am able to let go of negative feelings much more quickly and easily. I am living life on life's terms instead of trying to control it or dictate it. If life does not go the way I want, which happens all the time, I don't get frustrated anymore. I just figure that is the way it was supposed to be.

I still feel all the things I felt before but the difference is that I don't react the same. In the past if I had one bad moment during the day then the whole day was ruined. Today, I just look at it a bad moment, it does not mean I have to carry it all day long.

I also tend to relish in the joy and the happy times. I hold on to them longer then I used to. I feel gratitude which is something I never felt when I was drinking. I don't think I ever used the word.

It does take time but it is worth it. I did not get my old life back. I can't go back and change anything. What is done is done. I can however make the best of the new life I have. I am not perfect but I make progress and that is really the goal. To learn and to grow. To become a better person, one day at a time.