View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nbay2013

The ironic thing lillamy, is your advice prompted me to talk to him. I had to bring it up. I still don't have a great radar for unhealthy behavior, but I have realized that in the last couple years, when something feels wrong, my heart starts pounding. My HEART knows, my adrenaline knows before my mind does. It's almost as though I have a blind spot but I know the truth inside. So now, if my heart starts pounding I take a GIANT step back. In this case my heart was pounding because I didn't trust myself to be ok with not wanting to be around the smell and consumption of alcohol. This forum is awesome. I knew I would hear what I needed to hear. And that is to respect MYSELF. I can't stand the smell of alcohol because it reminds me of lying and being confused over what was real. My ex would say he wasn't drinking, yet all the cues told me otherwise. It really messed with my trust in my instincts.

The jury is still out with this man, but it felt good to speak my truth out loud. And it felt good to get a compassionate response. Of course I still don't trust the situation LOL...but hey...it's good to be skeptical...Knowing someone for 5 weeks is nothing.