View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Topoford

Thanks for all your kind thoughts! I agree about the honesty, openness, and willingness! I am feeling absolutely amazing this morning, despite no sleep again last night! I have horrendous night sweats from Tamoxifen and I spent the night with a wet washcloth over my face next to my bedside table fan! Sexy, huh? Ha ha! Despite no sleep, I physically and mentally feel extremely energized! I started my day with a prayer asking God to lead me in the right direction in all my thoughts today and ended with Thy Will Be Done. This is going to sound crazy, but I am cured! That is a JOKE! I am feeling so great but I am well aware of how sneaky this addiction can be and how very easy it I could choose to go to the liquor store. I am comforted by the fact that I dumped it all yesterday so there is non in the house. At my first meeting a woman advised 90 meetings in 90 days so that is a goal. I will make every effort! A concern I do have...I have not told anyone! Not my family or any friends. My husband knows and is very supportive but no one else knows. I am so encouraged and excited about my decision to stop drinking and better my life that I kind of want to surprise them all one day with the news that I have been sober for 90 days or whatever. Is this a bad idea? I know that this thought may change but it sort of makes me feel empowered knowing that I am improving with the help of complete strangers in AA and complete strangers in the Forum. I have read every post and very comment whether it applied to my life or not. I bought the Big Book and a 12 step manual all on day 1. Again, thanks for all the support and love! I would welcome any thoughts or advice! ��