View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Archelon

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post

When I did know the answer though, my page was clean, with that correct answer standing alone, pristine, without the need for all that excessive wandering cloaked as work.

Simplicity…divine.
With word problems in math I used to let the words confuse me. I thought the words meant it had to be complicated and I would get nervous.

A tutor showed me that even if the words looked complicated, the math problem was easy, the same as a problem just written in numbers.

Sometimes I learned i had to work backwards from the answer. Like "what do I want", then how do I get there.

First I wanted to stop drinking. I thought that meant there was a maze to work through, but really the way to stop was to stop.

Then I addressed the other things that came up. I had to figure out what I wanted, then find the simplest way. And just like math, there were tutors for those things too. Having people around who know how to do it helped me when I let the words get me confused.

I didn't have this forum then, this is just like that. People help get past the confusion to the solution.