View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sj999

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
While you were frank and forthright, your accolades directed towards alcohol worried me a bit. The "good times" were well and truly erased by the bad!
Hopefully you will work on obtaining some inner peace that is free from the pseudo pleasures that this dangerous drug lethally provides.
Bubovski, I can absolutely see your point. But this wouldn't have been an honest farewell had I overlooked the things alcohol did provide for me. I now understand that none of them were worth the consequences, but people stay in abusive relationships for reasons and acknowledging that there is some actual loss there, no matter how messed up it is, for me at least helps provide closure. Had I not acknowledged those losses, I think my brain might drive me back into denial because I wouldn't be able to believe my own words. I hope that makes sense.

I also think had I let things progress further over time, my feelings toward alcohol might be more hostile. I feel lucky to have in many ways nipped things in the bud. Thanks very much for your feedback - it is definitely thought-provoking.