View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
honeypig

tiredmum, it's very, very easy to find posts here from folks who've ended relationships w/A's and wish they had done so long ago. However, I don't know of one single post from a member who has REGRETTED ending that relationship in the long run. Granted, there is always a first time, but it sure doesn't seem to be a common occurrence!

What I usually see mentioned here for the minimum length of sobriety/recovery before considering starting or re-starting a relationship is a year. Your A is nowhere near that. As FireSprite said, this is just a moment in time, a blip in a much, much longer history of bad behavior and addiction. Wait until you've been shown something much more substantial before you start thinking about jumping back into the tiger's cage.

Short-term pain for long-term gain, tiredmum--you can do it. Hang on.

Edited to add, since you posted while I was typing my reply: "*when hes here i feel emtional but when hes not i feel okish- is this even normal??" Hmm, when you're not in the hurricane of active addiction, you feel better? That would seem TOTALLY normal to me! And I'd take it as a good sign.