Old 07-05-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Ok. Made it.

Back from the dinner function. It was so interesting to know with absolute certainty that nothing about the myriad of subjects touched upon would have been made easier, better, more tolerable with alcohol in the mix. Most likely I would have laughed a little too hard, talked a little too much and then returned home to continue drinking as a party of one. Sadder inside for having pretended that I enjoyed things that in reality I did not. What I was able to do tonight was drink great fizzy water, listen to people for the sake of listening and actually really enjoyed this. Sober. No conflicts. No drama.

Now I am going to watch Any Given Sunday...I need the outlet. It just started playing. The opening quote by Vince Lombardi is pretty spectacular so I will write it. But first, anyone who has watched the Packers play at Lambeau Field will surely attest to the fact that it is a pretty incredible space and a pretty special experience, hey?

Thanks Weekenders. I do not know what I would do with out you all to keep me company on this sober journey.

BigSombero - please post as many pics as possible. Pretty awe-inspiring. Sounds like an incredible place where you are.

Cardoon and Suki - I'm not sure where that movie quote is from but I agree that wire coat hangers are all sorts of baaaad.

Here is that Lombardi quote (and thanks PK for reminding me that this movie is a good one) and yes, this is now on my refrigerator:

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious"