Thread: Vomiting Blood?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
OnawaMiniya

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, advice, and well wishes. I really appreciate it.

I did convince him to go...I drove him to the ER. I gave him the evil eye and made gestures until he said,"My wife wants me to tell you that I drank blah blah blah..." and he was actually almost completely honest with them about his drinking habits. But I don't for one second believe that is because he was having a moment of realization or acceptance of the severity of the situation - he knew damn well I would have no problem correcting him if he lied lol. I only had to do minimal correcting.

Not surprisingly, he is drinking once again today. Someone mentioned me hoping this was a wake up call... honestly, I expect nothing to wake this man up at this point. I would bet money that if it were something more severe, he would simply say,"It's too late for me anyway..." and use that as an excuse to continue drinking.

He was given a referral to a GI doctor. They did tests over a period of time to ascertain whether it was a continual bleed by measuring I believe the hemoglobin in his blood. They released him a little after 4 in the morning.

Thanks again everyone. Hope you are all well.

Peace.