View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Good evening Extrahours

Great update. The swimming (aerobics) and bicycling sound like great additions to your life. Also nice to read that you are in touch with friends in general and a sober friend in particular.

Originally Posted by Extrahours View Post
Now, do you feel put off if someone brings alcho to your house in this way?
Any drinking in my house really is isolated to my husband and his friends or work related people. The whole issue is like a nagging thought that I can do without but cannot avoid so I just deal. Since becoming sober I have been much less social in my own space...and I'm fine with this for the moment.

I'm finding that almost every social situation needs to be approached with fresh eyes. Without the wine and beer, there is a whole lot of time for talk. As long as I do not sit and stare at the bottles or glasses in everyones hands I think I will be fine. Who knows? Every situation feels like I have just landed in a new country for the very first time.

Way to go with maintaing sobriety and bringing good things to your life. You are an inspiration Please keep updating and filling us in on how things are going.