View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Extrahours

That's awesome, Verte! And hello Nuudawn.

Still going strong. I had a nice sober holiday (though alcohol was everywhere at two parties I attended, and would have been simple to just pour and drink.) I found that being clearheaded (with no danger of a hangover tomorrow) is a wonderful thing! I also have a few little things that happened; one was a few weeks ago. A friend brought alcohol over (sort of without my knowing they would) and while she had some, she did not offer me any or really push at me to have any; it was all good. Now, do you feel put off if someone brings alcho to your house in this way?

Also, I am reconnected with a female friend of mine who does Not drink; she's had about 3 years of sobriety under her belt. I feel that she will be a Great person to talk to about this and just hang out in general.

I am still not drinking, even when with drinkers. My dad brought beer over last week and I just didn't want it. I have gotten to a point where it is not a temptation; I just don't want it.

I should also mention that the friend I mentioned earlier left a bottle of my old favorite drink in my freezer when she left. I honestly have no desire to touch it and of course have not; feels GREAT.

I have also taken up bicycling in the evenings. It helps to give purpose to some of the hours I would have regularly sat and had my drinks. I return feeling rejuvenated and Good, and have started toning my leg muscles as well. Also started swimming (well, I can't swim, but I do a sort of water aerobic) because our apartment has a pool. These two activities are really making my body feel better and giving me a positive feeling and sense of accomplishment!!