Thread: So Angry
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
byebyebaby

P.S. Sunday9, you said you wish you could be fun all the time but the problem is that fun with an alcoholic is not really fun at all. What they don't understand is that when we are worried sick about them all the time and walking on eggshells so we don't rock the boat and have another fight or we are too embarrassed to be in public with them so we stop going places, etc. they think we are boring.

In my case, mine used to say that I never wanted to do anything. The problem was, I wanted to do tons of stuff but what he wanted to do always involved drinking and guess who had to be the responsible one...me. He loved going to the lake for example but he would be so drunk by the end of the day that I was stuck taking care of the kids, unloading the boat, driving home and everything else after a long hot day onthe lake. One time I told him that I wanted to go to the lake but only if he promised not to drink because I wanted to have a few drinks this time and guess what he said. I can have a couple still and be fine. He could not commit to going if he couldn't drink. It's a no win situation and when you have kids to look out for it's even worse because you have to keep them safe the whole time too.

I think you'll find that someday when you are with someone that is not an A, you do like to have fun all the time:-)