View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
If they can't write about their troubles staying sober.and ask for advice.what are they supposed to write about then? How much better sober people are then addicts? I don't really follow. I see SR for everybody even people who haven't tried to get sober yet.
I don't really follow this. I didn't read the OP as saying people struggling shouldn't post, or that people who have quit are better than those who haven't. Maybe I misunderstood, but I took the OP as a member posting about their feelings of frustration over wishing they could help others see what they have come to see. I certainly relate to that feeling. I have teenage boys. So often I wish I could literally open their heads and put in the lessons I've had to learn the hard way...to spare them the pain...but that's not how it works. Still we can make a difference by continuing to respond with good intentions, no matter how it is received in the moment.