View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sudz No More

You just have to get out and find things to do. Aren't there some nice parks or trails near you where you can take a daily walk? I remember way back when I first decided I was going to cut back on my alcohol consumption. I filled the empty hours with tennis and a lot of it. I joined a club and got on a hitting partner list and pretty soon I was joining tournaments. Then on days off I would ride my bike to a park where they had a wall for hitting and I would practice my shots. I made a bunch of friends at the club and a bunch of them joined me at various outdoor parks to play instead of the club which cost money to rent the court.

It felt good to get exercise and it made me not want to drink. I doubt the endorphin release hurt either as it probably helped my overall mood. There are free ways you can find partners to do something like play tennis and of course you can always do the nice walks or bike rides. You won't be the only one out there and you'll feel like you've accomplished something.