Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Ceec View Post
I have finally made the decision to stop drinking for good. I've been binge drinking for the past 2 years now and have just recently lost my second job due to alcohol which was the breaking point for me as things were going so well.

I've been thinking a lot of all the stuff I've done in these past 2 years. I've embarrassed myself countless times, I'm known as the drunken **** in my community. Every time I drink I blackout for hours and wake up with only vague recollections of what I did. I would drink on the weekends and call numerous guys over throughout the night and wouldn't even remember what we did the following morning. I started drinking at 8 am before work and sometimes even on my break to the point of blacking out and getting caught. My managers were so kind and gave me a second chance and then I just go any ruined it again.

Now I'm home with no money, no job, no friends, I can't show my face in public..everyone knows what I'm like.

How can I ever forgive myself and forget all the stuff I've done? I think about it constantly and it's causing my depression to get worse. Everyone hates me I can't live with this humiliation.

Great honest post, we cannot change the past but we certainly can shape the future.
We all have to live with the ghosts of our drinking past but I refuse to let it get me down, instead I refer to those memories as the previous me.