View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopeful4

So glad to help. For me the healing came when I had the realization he was not going to change and my efforts to save him and change him or make him see things like I see them are moot. When I accepted that could not happen, will not happen, my life had so much more peace. I went on like that for quite a while. He truly believes what he is spewing, I am not going to change his mind in any way, shape, or form and to do so is a complete waste of my breath and time. Like you said, there are pleanty of other more pleasant things to do, like your new puppy dog!!!

I did not keep him from letting me have a life. I carried on without him. I would choose what I wanted to do and be part of, and did it. I am glad I did. I isolated myself for a long time and was lonely and miserable. When I started being honest and gained a support system for myself and stopped covering up for him, I became much more happy and free.

God Bless to you and your family. While no one knows the future, only God, what I do know is you are gaining strength and you can choose to be a happy and healthy person.

XXX