Thread: Advice?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Crushedjd

Codejob her drinking is very much a response to low self esteem, depression and horrible childhood. Her father was an alcoholic and died 3 years ago. For years before and after his death all she did was lay around all day and drink at night. She always made sure the boys were taken care of when they were little and always said they were her life. I was and still to some degree am her enabler. I always told myself its easier to avoid the conflict and not impact my boys. Now here I am years later and worried that they may think it OK to get drunk every night and its ok to lie to your family. I've been reading Steelman's post and I see so much similarity in our cirrcumstances. I wish I had acted sooner in my marriage probably would have save both my AW and myself a lot of grief.
Thanks to all for the advice, I am thinking of taking a few days away to try and clear my head, just not sure if it will help or without my normal distractions(work,communte,boys,hobbies) to keep my mind busy I'll go nuts?