View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
gleefan

Gilmer - when the workout is over, all those endorphins feel like pampering!

BFree - maybe try DG's approach to ward off your case of the Mondays?

DG - let us know whether your affirmations improved your experience of Monday. I bet they did.

I returned Needy's key, in an envelope in her mailbox, accompanied by a text that I don't need mine back. As I drove by her house, I felt a sense of sadness and loss, but my head cleared quickly as I drove home.

A little while later she texted me. It was full of anger, drama and resentments (plural, her list is long) that she is holding against me. A few things initially struck me. I felt uncomfortable by the intensity of her anger. She's trying to coax me back into the codependent dynamic of me taking care of her, and meeting her needs. Some of her resentments were things I did, but others were things I didn't do - and I didn't do them because my priority was drinking. My alcoholism hurt someone.

Well I'm off for a not so glamorous afternoon taking my mom to the hospital for a procedure. My relationship with my mother is complicated, and hospitals are a huge anxiety trigger for me - which I've noticed tends to illicit codependency behaviors. I'll be working hard at zen-ing out this afternoon!!