View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tomsteve

paul hit something that my sponsor used to simplify it for me: check my motives.

"How does everyone feel when they have to be firm and uncompromising about their principles to the point that it gets others off side?"

me being firm on my principles doesn't get anyone off sides and I have no shame to standing up for my principles. they allow that to happen. the people about me say I live by good principles and one of the greatest things I have heard is they respect me for admittin when ive made a mistake.

there are times when I can get off kilter, but that's what my friends and the fellowship help me with. they point it out and let me be the one to decide if something isn't right in me. if im openminded, I will say,"you could be right" and look at it. i can still occasionally fall into My Old Habits- the upside down and backwards view of How It Works. and nothing good comes out of that. pride and ego get in the away.i am back to fighting everyone and everything and if i don't do something about it, i will also be fighting alcohol.