View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eden45

Unhappy Is it okay to let him die?

I will try and be as concise as possible here .. i am new ty for allowing me to speak here.
I am a 59 year old woman with a 38 year old alcoholic son who i have asked to leave my home where he was living for 2 1/2 years after he asked us to help him get back on his feet after starting a window cleaning business.
He did NOT get on his feet ... things just managed to keep getting worse .. as of now he owes back child support and is in danger of going to jail .. he has no job no car no home and is a type one diabetic who does NOT care for himself .. he drinks a 12 pack a day or more and smokes.
His dad was working with him part time until June of 2004 when he began having the symptoms of what turned out to be a cancerous brain tumor. My husband MUST be my primary concern right now he needs a healing environment after having gone through 2 major brain surgerys in the past 5 months.
My sons drinking seemed to escalate when his dad got sick and it got to the point where he and i were getting confrontational and he was slamming doors and calling me names and this on the night when his father had just returned from the hospital.
He has NEVER stood on his own two feet and has always relied on family or on girlfriends (( all failed relationships )) to bail him out and help him.
My problem is i feel like i'm weakening .. he has been staying with his brother who is fed up and wants him to leave as well. I saw him last night and he is sick and discheveled and could be in danger of dying from diabetes ... he has no where to go and wants help getting back and forth to his jobs since he has no car. He tells me that if he goes to jail they wont give him his insulin he's read horror stories about things like that. And since he has no insurance he says no treatment center in our area (western north carolina) will help him. I don't want him to die but i can't keep enabling him and allowing him to run home. What should i do? tyvm.