View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
irisgardens

Standing in my own space

I set boundaries with my family a few weeks ago, stood up for myself at work and asked for a raise...and started to make positive change.

I have not heard from one child (have an active heroin addict who is really lost right now--went to court and battled my own not wanting to--it has been since January)--and then on Friday I chose not to go. The other 4 adult children have all disconnected and I just set the boundaries I needed to...they were trying to control me and still are...but I let them know my stand.

I am moving forward...it has been one hell of a week...the emotional storms of going to the last court date where she didn't show up anyway...after several months of it--and then I let go...I didn't go on Friday where it was either she showed or bench warrant time.

I am not reaching back out to family as they believe they have me controlled...my therapist says they are extremely selfish people...I am codependent...but have been working on myself for a very long time and I will hold on these changes to stand up for myself.

I will NOT allow another person to control my life...and I will continue to move forward.

I finally love myself enough to do this.

It is really hard...lots of emotions and see sawing today...feel as if I have been battling spiritual battle today...but I am fighting and not going down or letting the negative emotions take over.

I have a lot of work to do to get to a 'something better'...but I will do it. I have more energy than I have had in years.

It is my job to live my life.

This is the 3rd generation of family to shun me...but I will hold my ground.