View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aarryckha
Phoenix Rising Again

Red face Saturday June 28 - What a day!

So, on Thursday, I flew out to Chicago to visit my family. It's been a very nice visit so far. There's lots of sun and heat here and I've already gotten a bit of sunburn on my arms because I'm so pale.

It's my 40th birthday today. I really don't feel my age for the most part. My knee has been acting up lately but I really feel younger than my years.

Today is also 120 days sober. When I first started this sobriety journey, imagining being sober for more than a week seemed daunting.

I'm bring all this up because I struggled with sharing the story of my sobriety with my mom. This morning, she and I had a chat and I shared with her about being sober for these last few months. She gave me a hug. We chatted a bit out sobriety and having liquor in the house. She told me she had removed all of the stuff from the house, to which I am happy about. She also planned a get together some some people for a bit of a party and that there would be no alcohol at her house.

I am very grateful to have my mom. She is really my biggest cheerleader. I really feel bad for the things I've put her through and how much worry she experienced from my erratic behavior when I was drinking. I'm very happy those days are in the past and we are moving on to a healthy future.