Thread: Having Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ElleDee
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Originally Posted by TimidTulip View Post
Okay, you made a mistake, but how long can he continue to punish you for it? His actions are making your resolve crumble, he needs to support you while sober and ignore you when drunk - he's got it all backwards.

Note of caution: a lot of people here tell me I can't quit for my partner, I have to quit because I want to. Is there a bit of this going on with you?
Yeah, I know. That's been a bone of contention throughout my struggle is that he himself went through all of this 30+ years ago. Although not a drinker, he's a self-admitted marijuana addict. Nice, right? Anyway, with regard to the alcohol, I was expecting his help but he's been only angry mostly and at one time a little upset that I didn't talk to him but I couldn't! He goes from 0 to 180 about it. He makes it difficult to be honest because I know I'm going to be punished... ignored and not talked to indefinitely. I told him once I get my support from my meetings where I am NOT judged. Well anyway, not to ramble. Yes, I believe that at times I was trying to stay sober to make him happy, not do it for myself. I feel that now I'm doing it for me. I came close to seriously hurting myself last Sunday plus my doctor told me this week to quit for the sake of my liver. That's a real good incentive.

I feel strong. I have a Plan B for tonight! Yay!