Thread: Having Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ElleDee
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Having Anxiety

Hello everyone,

I need help with the anxiety I'm having. The weekend is here. My spouse is still not talking to me or even acknowledging my presence due to my drinking and falling last Sunday. He's the type who could go for weeks without talking to me when he's angry with me. I can't make it go away any faster and I've been praying the Serenity Prayer over and over today to try and stay calm because this is something that I can't do anything about and words from me will not solve. My words mean nothing and at this point it's only actions. I'm doing everything I know I can do right now to stay sober but saying those things to him won't help, he's not likely to believe it or won't think it will last. You can hardly blame him.

So I can't force things to be different right now, just learn to accept it until he comes around or hires a divorce attorney. But I feel like cat crap. I'm formulating a plan of what to do tonight in case he's still the same when I get home from work. Things like go for a walk, take a ride to the lakefront, go get groceries, I already am planning to go to a meeting, etc.

I don't know. I did this to myself. Sorry to whine. I've been so tearful this week.