View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whatsgoingon

Not perfect but feeling more positive

Hi all,

I'm in the process of starting my second attempt at becoming sober. I managed 8 months up to summer last year and then unfortunatley slipped back into my old ways. So for the last 7 or 8 months I have been drinking again and it has progressively gotten worse to the point where my drinking has escalated to a daily occurance. My drinking eventually led me back here this week.

So I would say my journey, all one week of it, has been better but not perfect. I have been drinking but insted of everyday it's only been 2 days this week. I know that's not great but believe me it's a massive improvement from where I was. This week I have also learned a lot about myself. I am hearing and noticing my inner voice or alcohol voice. Unfortunatley my AV has won on two occasions but I'm on to it now and hopefully I won't be tricked again. The one big plus that I have found this week is that on the days I did not drink I felt so much better. I was not paranoid, moody or tired. Those negative traits were replaced with a feeling of hope, pride and energy.

So even though I have slipped a little this week I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel and through my vigilance and determination I think can beat my demons.