Thread: Hello and help
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TimidTulip

Thank you - what does alcohol make me feel?

Relaxed, stops me worrying etc. Pouring a glass of wine signifies the start of MY time, work is done, chores are done, now it's time for ME. The problem is that I like the relaxed feeling, I LIKE not worrying. It's like giving my usually fretful brain time off from worrying about life. So I enjoy it. I'm not avoiding my problems, I deal with them while I am sober, but it's nice to escape .

Perhaps I'm going at this the wrong way. Perhaps I dont need to replace alcohol, perhaps I SHOULDN'T replace alcohol.

I'm so scared of failing. I'm scared that this will push me further to drinking in secret. I'm scared that I'll be miserable. I'm scared I wont be able to sleep.

I'm already planning one last blow out before my quit, I feel stupid but I have to be honest right? And hopefully it will hurt enough the next day to put me off drinking for a few days.

Is quitting drinking like quitting smoking? Is there a time frame for cravings to ease off? Does it get easier and do you stop thinking about drinking after a while?

Thanks again everyone.