Thread: Hello and help
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TimidTulip

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply.

I just cant believe how scared I am ! The more I think about it, the worse it seems. Which is ridiculous, but I just feel I am floundering. I have no plan, no back up, no strategy, hints or tips of how to deal with all the feelings I'm going to have. It's going to be hell and I feel completely unprepared.

(History) I quit smoking 2 years ago (almost to the day actually!) and that was a struggle - I did it, and I did it cold turkey and two years later I've not had a single slip....however I do think that I drink more now as it is my last remaining vice....so now my partner (who was supposed to quit with me 2 years ago) has planned to quit smoking, and in return I have to quit drinking. Why I have to give up another thing I enjoy is beyond me (apart from the fact that it's bad for me I suppose!)

I just have a big feeling of injustice - why do i have to lose something else I love? What, you expect me to find comfort in carrot sticks or something? How do I find something to replace the feelings I have when I drink alcohol? I cant get enthused about orange squash or coffee. I cant look forward to a glass of water after work.

See? I'm getting angry, which must mean I'm on the defensive, which in turn means there is a problem. It would seem I have an addictive personality!

So, I would be very grateful for any pearls of wisdom you all have, please help me find the right way. Thanks again.