Thread: Hello and help
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TimidTulip

Hello and help

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for help and support, advice and knowledge. I abuse alcohol, but am unsure if I'm alcoholic as I function normally without drink too. However, my habits are worrying.

Biggest fear: My partner and I have made a deal: he will stop smoking and I have to stop drinking. And I am very scared of the big, boring void in my life if there is no alcohol. Which is exactly the type of thought that brought me to this sight. Big Red Warning flag right there.

There has to be more to life than "relaxing with a glass of wine after work" but right now I cant see it.

Background: I drink at every opportunity, including mornings when I am on my own and do not have responsibilities for the day i.e work etc. I like to "get way with it" by drinking when I'm not supposed to, or have promised that I wont.

Please help me find the right path through this as I know my thinking is not in the right place, there is more to life than alcohol but I need help to find it, because I cant see anything but "nothing" without the booze.

Hope to hear from you soon. X TT