View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Wendolene

Congratulations, Odelle! I am so happy for you. You are also an inspiration to me to keep working towards my milestone in the middle of July.

I'm holding up ok, thank you for asking . I'm going to a friend's BBQ tonight where the majority will probably be drinking. I'm nervous, and tend to be very shy in social occasions, but a good friend of mine, who doesn't drink, is going, has persuaded me to do the same and is giving me a lift there and back, so I have tentatively agreed to this. I know there is not going to be wine there, which was my favourite drink, as my friend who is hosting it has not got any in, but, at the same time, I feel guilty that my drinking is kind of affecting others who will be going. I wouldn't expect them to change their behaviour around me. It was sweet of my friend to consider me, though.

I'm off to tackle the housework (boo!) and then practice for my piano lesson later. I don't think my rendition of Invention 4 is up to scratch, so I'm a bit nervous. I also seize up around anyone else while I am playing, not least someone who has been to music school. It's her job to give constructive criticism, I know, but I don't want her to think I don't care and I'm not trying, when in fact, I really want to be able to play nicely.

Odelle, I meant to say I love your avatar! Is that your kitty? Fellow cat lover here. My parents have a 1 year old moggy called Milo, who is such a dear, even if he needs feline obedience classes and can be quite destructive. I lost count of the number of times he toppled the Christmas tree over last year. I will have to try and find a picture. I'm expecting to visit my parents one day and find a pile of smoking rubble where the house was.

I hope everyone is having a good week!