View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Hi and welcome. I was 22 when my drinking problem first began. It's when I started drinking alone, and it escalated over the years. I am now 48 and in recovery once again. Even at 22, I knew I was headed down a dangerous path. I sensed that what I was doing was going to become a big problem for me, and it most certainly did. But, like you, I was young and still in great health. Other than some occasional stomach upset and a few hangovers, I felt invincible when I drank and I thrived on the good memories I had of the early days of experiencing "the buzz."

But it turns on you. What you think is all fun and games becomes a hellish life of being tethered to the bottle. I got to the point where I drank just to avoid withdrawal. I don't recall the last time it was an enjoyable experience. That was a long, long time ago. I urge you to get help now, while you are still young. Don't follow the path I took. I've wasted more than half my life drinking poison. You don't want that kind of life, I assure you. Best wishes for you.